Bupa Challenge Tour Team registration
Ride the Bupa Challenge Tour presented by The Advertiser as a team with your friends, family or colleagues.
Groups of five or more riders can form a team for the Bupa Challenge Tour and have their team name printed on the back of the official event jersey.
How to register a team:
Before registering any riders online, please email email@example.com with a requested team name, as well as a nominated Team Captain's full name, email address and contact number. The team captain does not have to be a participant - they are simply responsible for the administration of the team and distributing jerseys and ID tags in January.
Please ensure your team name is not longer than 25 characters, including spaces. Management may decline a team name if it is deemed offensive or conflicts with event sponsors.
The Bupa Challenge Tour management team will confirm your team name registration by return email and provide you with a unique Team Code to pass on to your team members.
Your Team Code is used when registering online and links each team member to this team. Please advise all team members to use this Team Code when completing the online registration form. When filling out the registration form online, the form will ask you if you are riding as part of a team. If so, select 'riding as part of a team' and enter your unique Team Code here when prompted. If the Team Code is not used, the rider will not be included in the team.
Team members can choose to start their ride from any start location, so each team member can choose the ride that's right for them.
When the team close off date approaches, the Bupa Challenge Tour management staff will email you with a list of all registered riders in your team.
After receiving this email, you will be required to confirm in writing that the team list is correct. This is the last chance for changes to be made to jersey sizes or the team name. Please also check team member names, spelling and contact details for emergency purposes.
The nominated Team Captain must collect and distribute the team jerseys and ID tags to your team members.
You will be able to collect these in January 2018. If the Team Captain is unable to collect these at the allocated time, you will need to let the Bupa Challenge Tour management team know in writing who will be collecting the jerseys on behalf of your team.
Each team must have a nominated Team Captain. This person does not have to be a participant of the Bupa Challenge Tour, but is responsible for collecting and distributing event jerseys and ID tags to the team members. The Team Captain will be notified of jersey collection times and locations shortly before the ride in January.
The Team Captain is also the main point of contact for Bupa Challenge Tour staff regarding team registration matters.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as practical with any enquiries or changes to your or your team's details.
If you will be riding as part of a team for the Bupa Challenge Tour, please ensure you obtain the Team Code from your Team Captain prior to completing your online registration.
You will need the Team Code from the Team Captain to complete your registration and be counted as part of your team. The Team Captain will be responsible for collecting your event jersey and ID tag prior to the event in January.
As well as having your team name printed on your official event jersey, your Team entry to the Bupa Challenge Tour includes:
- Official Bupa Challenge Tour event jersey (must be worn on event day)
- Option to ‘Ride for a Reason’ to raise money for Cancer Council SA
- Identification and timing chip for all participants
- Your ride time recorded and published
- Cloak room service to transport your items from your nominated start location to the finish
- Lunch on arrival at the finish location
- Post-event rider festivities area
- Live broadcast of Bupa Stage 4 of the Santos Tour Down Under on the big screen at the post-event rider festivities area
- Free viewing of Bupa Stage 4 of the Santos Tour Down Under finish, live and in person
- Refreshment stations along the route
- Photographer along the route ready to take your action shots (images can be purchased after the event)
- Medical support
- Mechanical support
- Sweep vehicles to take you to the next refreshment stop if you are unable to continue or require mechanical support
What you need to participate:
- A mechanically sound bike
- Australian standard approved helmet in good condition
- Your own water bottle and any additional snacks you need during the ride
- A spare tube, pump and puncture repair kit (including tyre levers)
- Wet weather gear, sunscreen, photo ID and mobile phone or money for a phone call
- You will need to supply your own security lock/chain, as this is NOT included in your registration
- Event organisers will not be responsible for bikes or personal items.
Book your ride now using your individual Team Code!