Groups of five or more riders can form a team and have their team name printed on the back of the official event jersey.
Your entry to the Bupa Challenge Tour includes:
- Official Bupa Challenge Tour event jersey (must be worn on event day)
- Option to ‘Ride for a Reason’ to raise money for Cancer Council SA
- Identification and timing chip for all participants
- In an event first, you will have your ride time recorded and published
- Cloak room service to transport your items from your nominated start location to the finish
- Lunch on arrival at the finish location
- Post-event rider festivities area
- Live broadcast of Bupa Stage 4 of the Santos Tour Down Under on the big screen at the post-event rider festivities area
- Free viewing of Bupa Stage 4 of the Santos Tour Down Under finish, live and in person
- Refreshment stations along the route
- Photographer along the route ready to take your action shots (images can be purchased after the event)
- Medical support
- Mechanical support
- Sweep vehicles to take you to the next refreshment stop if you are unable to continue or require mechanical support
What you need to participate:
- A mechanically sound bike
- Australian standard approved helmet in good condition
- Your own water bottle and any additional snacks you need during the ride
- A spare tube, pump and puncture repair kit (including tyre levers)
- Wet weather gear, sunscreen, photo ID and mobile phone or money for a phone call
- You will need to supply your own security lock/chain, as this is NOT included in your registration
- Event organisers will not be responsible for bikes or personal items.
Each team must have a nominated team captain. This person does not have to ride themselves but is responsible for collecting and distributing event jerseys and ID tags to team members. You will be able to collect these in January shortly before the ride. If you are unable to collect these items, you will need to let the Bupa Challenge Tour team know in writing who will be collecting the jerseys on your behalf. Please email email@example.com as soon as possible with these details if they have changed.
The Team Captain will be responsible for collecting and distributing your event jersey and ID items in January shortly before the ride.
Registrations for teams in the Bupa Challenge Tour for 2018 will open in mid-2017.