The Challenge Tour presented by The Advertiser is the Santos Tour Down Under's annual mass-participation ride.
On Saturday 19 January 2019, Challenge Tour riders will tackle the same route as the professional riders from Glenelg to Strathalbyn in the ultimate test of stamina.
With start locations at Glenelg, Myponga, Victor Harbor and Goolwa, there's a course to cater for every skill level.
Registrations are now CLOSED.
What you get:
- Official 2019 Challenge Tour presented by The Advertiser event jersey (must be worn on event day)
- Rider identification and timing chip
- Option to ‘Ride For A Reason’ to raise money for Cancer Council SA
- Cloak room service to transport your items from your nominated start location to the finish
- Feed zones along the route and lunch on arrival at the finish
- Post-event rider festivities area including live broadcast of southaustralia.com Stage 5 on the big screen at the post-event rider festivities area
- Photographer along route ready to take your actions shots (images are available for purchase after the event)
- Medical and mechanical support
- Sweep vehicles to take you to the next refreshment stop (if you are unable to continue or require mechanical support)
- A mechanically sound bike
- Australian approved helmet in good condition
- Your own water bottle and any additional snacks you need during the ride
- A spare tube, pump, puncture repair kit (including tyre levers)
- Wet weather gear, sunscreen, photo ID and mobile phone or money for a phone call
- You will need to supply your own security lock/chain, as this is NOT included in your registration
- Event organisers will not be responsible for bikes or personal items
- Please note: The Challenge Tour presented by The Advertiser is subject to the event's Extreme Weather Safety Plan and Cancellation Policy