Santos Best Dressed Town Competition
The Santos Best Dressed Town was held in 2017 across stages 1-5 of the Santos Tour Down Under.
The 2017 competition also included the People's Choice Classic for the first time ever!
With a record 74 nominations, the Barossa town of Lyndoch came out with the win in 2017, thanks to their outstanding town decorations.
Download the full 2017 winners Honour Roll here!
Quotes from the judges who met the Lyndoch participants onsite:
- ‘Lyndoch once again has taken the Best Dressed Town to the next level’
- ‘The Yarn bombing throughout showcased the love and dedication put in to the decorations for the town’
- ‘They started knitting in September!’
- ‘Lyndoch's love and passion for the tour was evident throughout their colourful and bright town’
- ‘They just keep getting better’
Details for the 2018 Santos Best Dressed Town Competition will be released in July 2017.
The Santos Tour Down Under congratulates all the overall Santos Best Dressed Town Winners since 1999:
- 2017 Lyndoch
- 2016 Lyndoch
- 2015 Williamstown
- 2014 McLaren Vale
- 2013 Prospect
- 2012 Lobethal
- 2011 Tailem Bend
- 2010 Aldinga Bay (Snapper Point)
- 2009 One Tree Hill
- 2008 Mannum
- 2007 Mannum
- 2006 Stirling
- 2005 Willunga
- 2004 Willunga
- 2003 Willunga
- 2002 Aldinga Bay and Willunga (joint winners)
- 2001 Willunga
- 2000 City of Unley & King William Road Progress Association
- 1999 McLaren Vale