Thanks to the huge success of the event in 2015 and 2016, Family Day will take place over two days in 2017!
Family Day in 2017 was on the first and final Sundays of the Santos Tour Down Under, during the People's Choice Classic and Be Safe Be Seen MAC Stage 6.
People's Choice Classic - Ityamai/itpina (Park 15), corner of Bartels Road, Dequetteville Tce / Bartels Road, Hutt Street.
Be Safe Be Seen MAC Stage 6 - Elder Park
Delicious food and drink was supplied by Fork on the Road, returning for Tour de Fork in Elder Park on Be Safe Be Seen MAC Stage 6.
2017 Family Day Activities included:
- Free Bupa ice blocks
- Take part in the Bupa family bike wash and family bike health checks
- Face Painting
- Check out the Subaru inflatable obstacle course
- Watch the Subaru Tour Parade go around the track and see if you can collect any goodies
- Test your skills on the mini golf course
- Watch out for the roving magician and balloon artist
- Jump on the bouncy castle
- Play on the life size board games
- Go rock climbing
- Meet Oppy the official TDU mascot and have your photo taken
- Watch bike stunts on the demo stage
- Get an airbrush tattoo
- Be turned into a wacky caricature riding a bike
- Warn up and down on Torrens Parade Ground*
- Take in some Subaru safety tips
- Make your own arts and crafts bike license
- Put yourself to the challenge in the Xbox Game Truck
- Get crafty at the Plaster Fun House
- Watch the ever-exciting Bubble Man in action
- Take your photo in the Face in Hole pictures
- Little Picasso's arts and crafts
- Food and drink vendors (cost involved)
*Be Safe Be Seen MAC Stage 6 only
Junior Starter Pack
Gearing up for a summer of cycling? Get the kids outdoors in the school holidays with our Junior Starter Pack. The pack contains information and history on the Santos Tour Down Under as well as cycling activities to get creative juices flowing.
Download our Junior Starter Pack activity and education kit here.