Here is your checklist to ensure you're prepared for the Westpac Challenge Tour presented by The Advertiser!
How to know you're ready to go!
- Ensure you've collected you ride jersey and ID tag. You must be wearing these during your ride.
- Save this number in your mobile phone: (08) 8463 4760. Call this number if you are not able to finish and need to de-register, for roadside assistance and/or mechanical help.
- Bring your mobile phone and small change to make a phone call. There might be significant stretches along the route without mobile phone coverage.
- Ride with at least two x 750mL water bottles and/or hydration pack/s.
- Stop at each refreshment stop to rest and refill your water bottles – it is better to stop, drink and cool down than to risk dehydration.
- Protect yourself from sun exposure with SPF30+ sunscreen.
- Bring eye wear to protect your eyes against dust and the summer heat.
- Carry a pump, spare tube and puncture repair kit.
- If you have medical or respiratory conditions, please ensure you bring any required medication.
- Bring a credit card or some money in case you require mechanical assistance.
- If you're under the age of 18, you should be riding with the supervision of an adult.
Tips from the Challenge Tour Team!
Look out for each other. If you find someone in distress, stop and offer help – just being there can be all the support that is needed.
Westpac Challenge Tour marshals and/or officials reserve the right to stop an individual’s ride for health and safety reasons.
Event Management recommends that all cyclists insure themselves for Personal Accident, Ambulance Cover, and travel (if applicable).
You are strongly advised to watch the weather forecast prior to the event and bring appropriate clothing, pre-event hydration and sun protection. The latest weather information can be found on bom.gov.au.