One of the best teams in history - with six Tour de France titles to its name - Team Sky is no slouch when it comes to the opening race of the season in Adelaide.
Since formation in 2010, Team Sky had a rider finish top-four for its first seven races at the Santos Tour Down Under, including names like Geraint Thomas, Michael Rogers and Sergio Henao.
While 2019 will mark the end of Sky's sponsorship, and ownership of the team, there is little doubt that the team is bound to impress this year.
In 2018, the team took out the Young Rider classification with Egan Bernal, the neo pro Colombian climber who went on to win the Tour of California outright later in the year.
- Based: Great Britain
- Established: 2010
- Website: https://www.teamsky.com/
- Other notable wins: 6x Tours de France, 1x La Vuelta, 4x Paris-Nice, 1x Giro d'Italia, 5x Criterium du Dauphiné, 1x Tirenno-Adriatico, 1x Eneco Tour, 1x Tour de Romandie, 2x GP E3, 1x Tour de Catalunya, 2x EuroEyes Cyclassics, 2x British Classics, 1x GP Montreal, 1x Liege-Bastogne-Liege, 1x Milano-Sanremo, 1x San Sebastian Classic.
At the Santos Tour Down Under
- Debut: 2010
- Starts: 9
- Best GC result: 2nd (2015)
- Stage wins: 6
- Best Team Classification: 2nd (2012)
- Other awards: Points Classification (2012, 2013), King of the Mountain (2016), Young Rider (2018)
- Principal Sponsors: Sky (British broadcaster)
- Bikes: Pinarello
- Groupset: Shimano
- Uniform: Castelli
Follow the team