Established in 1992, AG2R La Mondiale is the only team to have competed at every Santos Tour Down Under since the first event in 1999.
Until 2019, it was also the most successful team in Australia's greatest cycling race, with four general classification wins at the legs of Gilles Maignan (2000), Mikel Astarloza (2003), Simon Gerrans (2006) and Martin Elmiger (2007). It has twice won the teams classification (in 2000 and 2010).
AG2R is the oldest French team in the pro peloton, established by Vincent Lavenu in 1992, the team is based in the town of Chambéry - at the foot of the Alps - prime territory for its riders to hone their craft for the Grand Tours each year.
One of the smaller teams in the peloton, AG2R La Mondiale is a popular for punching above its weight, particularly with the emergence of its French hero Romain Bardet - who has finished top six in the Tour de France every year since 2016.
- Based: Chambéry, Savoy, France
- Established: 1992
- Website: cyclisme.ag2rlamondiale.fr
- Other notable wins: 2x Critériums du Dauphiné, 1x Flèche Wallone, 1x Amstel Gold Race, 1x Paris-Nice, 1x GP de Plouay, 1x Tour de Suisse, 1x Tirreno-Adriatico
At the Santos Tour Down Under
- Debut: 1999
- Starts: 21
- Best GC result: 1st (2000, 2003, 2006, 2007)
- Stage wins: 1
- Best Team Classification: 1st (2000, 2010)
- Other awards: nil
Principal Sponsors: AG2R La Mondiale (French life, savings and pensions insurer)
Bikes: Eddy Merckx Bikes