APPROVED TRAVEL SPECIALISTS
Santos Tour Down Under travel specialists are devoted to providing you with a memorable event experience.
A range of holiday packages have been developed which cater for both spectators and riders.
More information about our 2021 Official Santos Festival of Cycling travel specialists is available in the dropdown list below.
Travel Specialists Overview
Approved Travel Specialists
ADELAIDE CITY AND BEACHES, BAROSSA VALLEY, ADELAIDE HILLS, MCLAREN VALE
20 to 25 January 2021
In our opinion South Australia offers the best cycling in the country. We are lucky enough to have a team of fantastic guides who call Adelaide home and cannot wait to show you around. Combine amazing cycling, brilliant local knowledge, some of the world's best wine and what else do you need?
How about the inaugural Santos Cycling Festival! Showcasing the best of Australasia cycling talent both on the road and the track. It might not be the Tour Down Under, but we do get to see the best of the local Australian National Race Series and international guest cycling talent on show, who have made Adelaide a destination for some summer racing!
This package has been designed for both those visitors who need accommodation as well as for those who already have their own booked.
We look forward to seeing you in Adelaide.
Barossa Valley, Adelaide Hills and the City
We have found the perfect mix of visiting the iconic Barossa Valley, Adelaide Hills and of course the City of Adelaide. It's not all about the cycling on offer. In fact, the cycling and racing is just a part of a great holiday. We focus on the magnificent cycling, as well as eating at the great South Australian restaurants and cafes. You will come home having experienced the full flavour of what's on offer.
Our itinerary is tailored for all levels of cyclists and changes with the daily conditions. Safety is key. We will always have vehicles close by - stocked with cool drinks and energy food.
Throughout our 6-day tour, we've catered to meet the needs of the fast group we refer to as the whippets, right through to the more leisurely cyclist. Take a peep through our itinerary and you will see that we offer a range of cycling options that work for everyone.
And for non-riders (Team Macchiato) you are very, very, welcome. Be assured, you won't just be following the cyclists. Your days will include visits to local attractions, wineries, boutique shopping, whilst enjoying cafes and restaurants, some walking, plus more.
2021 Santos Tour Down Under Stages
SA Tourism and Aus Cycling have created a fantastic week-long celebration of all things cycling.
The Santos Festival of Cycling showcases 5 different cycling disciplines across 6 days, including:
- National Road Series stage race
- National Road Series Womens stage race (run on the same day and course as the men)
- Track Carnival
- Mountain Bike event featuring a short track cross country race
- Summer Cyclocross event under lights
- BMX races on the specifically designed track
Bookings are open!
Ultimate Santos Festival of Cycling
In 2021, the Santos Festival of Cycling will feature a four-stage National Road Series Men’s and National Road Series Women’s race, which will take place from 21-24 January.
We’ll be there to see all of the race action across the many disciplines on offer at the new Santos Festival of Cycling.
- Spacious Cycling Friendly Three Star Accommodation
- Daily breakfasts including barista coffee
- Local Chef using the finest local ingredients for our in-house evening meals includes a local wine, beer or cool drink
- Local guides for cycling and non-cyclists
- Minimum of three guided ride options per day, to suit your preferred distance and amount of climbing
- Cyclists and Non-Cyclists receive a custom Rapha Technical T-shirt
- 3pm Hotel, Late Checkout – Sunday Afternoon
- Airport Transfers, if the covid restrictions in late January permit, we may be able to offer Airport
- transfers from Melbourne as an “optional extra” contact us to register your interest
- Cycling Laundry Service
- Pro mechanical support on tour
- Support vehicle each day to carry daypacks, spare parts, hydration and ride snacks
- Separate Itinerary for Non-cyclists
- Itinerary, including daily ride maps
- Free download of our GPS Ride Routes
- Post Ride Massage (Optional Extra)
- Daily Bike Spa including Bike Wash, Mechanical check and tune, by a Pro Mechanic
In January 2021, we will be returning to our favourite race down under with a bang, celebrating in style at the Santos Festival of Cycling!
The Festival will include four days of thrilling racing from the 21st to the 24th of January across Adelaide’s most testing terrain, with the infamous Willunga Hill right in the mix on Stage 3! Expect to see some of the country’s best female and male cyclists battle it out spectacularly, ensuring Australia’s most prestigious bike race continues to live on as it should – as one of the best cycling events in the world!
Now is the time when Australian Cycling needs us most, and we are proud to be offering what we expect will be an incredible cycling experience to remember.
As an authorised Travel Partner of the event and with our own Stuart O’Grady as Race Director, we can ensure the best rides through the idyllic Adelaide hills and beyond, exceptional access to the race, premium accommodation at the Hilton hotel, and a dabble of Adelaide’s amazing gastronomy as we go – all supported by a highly experienced team of ride guides and support staff. Good times can be guaranteed!