Challenge Tour presented by The Advertiser
The Challenge Tour presented by The Advertiser is the Santos Tour Down Under's annual mass-participation ride and your chance to put yourself to the test.
On Friday 24 January 2020, Challenge Tour riders will tackle the same route as the professional riders from Norwood to Murray Bridge in the ultimate test of stamina.
With start locations at Norwood, Williamstown, Mt Torrens and Mannum, there's a course to cater for every skill level.
In 2020, we will be introducing a timed segment into the Challenge Tour, where participants can choose to compete in our King of the Mountain segment, with prizes valued at $1,700 up for grabs! The winner for the King of the Mountain and Queen of the Mountain will also get to present the KOM stage jersey to the TDU KOM winner of Stage 4!
PLUS if you register before 31 October 2019 you can access our Early Bird Bundle, which features discounted transfers from the finish line. Check out the prices here.
Entrants could also WIN a Focus Izalco Max 8.8 Bike in Black (valued at $5499) simply by telling us where your favourite place to ride in South Australia is on your entry form before 30 November 2019. You don't want to miss out on that! T&Cs available here.
- Early Bird registration finishes at 5.00pm (ACDT) Thursday 31 October, 2019
- Team registrations close at 5.00pm (ACDT) Thursday 31 October, 2019
- Normal registrations close at 5.00pm (ACDT) Monday 20 January, 2020
What you get
- Official 2020 Challenge Tour presented by The Advertiser event jersey – collection from the City of Adelaide Tour Village (must be worn on event day)
- Rider identification and timing chip
- Option to ‘Ride For A Reason' to raise money for Cancer Council SA
- Cloak room service to transport your items from your nominated start location to the finish
- Feed zones along the route and lunch on arrival at the finish
- Post-event rider area including live broadcast of Stage 4 of the Santos Tour Down Under on the big screen
- Free viewing of Stage 4 of the Santos Tour Down Under finish
- Photographer along route ready to take your actions shots (images are available for purchase after the event)
- Medical and mechanical support
- Sweep vehicles to take you to the next refreshment stop (if you are unable to continue or require mechanical support)
- A mechanically sound bike
- Australian approved helmet in good condition
- Your own water bottle and any additional snacks you need during the ride
- A spare tube, pump, puncture repair kit (including tyre levers)
- Wet weather gear, sunscreen, photo ID and mobile phone or money for a phone call
- You will need to supply your own security lock/chain, as this is NOT included in your registration
- Event organisers will not be responsible for bikes or personal items