A SUMMARY ON HOW TO RIDE IN A GROUP SAFELY.
WHAT SHOULD THE BUNCH DO?
Welcome to the Challenge Tour! We ask that all participants stay aware of other riders in the bunch and obey road rules. Almost all the event will take place on closed roads – an exciting first – with one mixed zone along the route too. Please take note of traffic signals through these and be sure to stop at red lights.
GOOD BUNCHES ALSO LOOK AFTER THEIR RIDERS BY:
- Stopping to help fix small mechanical problems and punctures quickly so other riders are not left behind.
- Regrouping after hills or other challenges to keep everyone together.
- Waiting for others if the group is split by a changing traffic light.
- Supporting less experienced riders with tips and assistance.
- Ride in single file where possible, and no more than two abreast at any time.
- Working as a team. Front riders should calculate actions so the entire group can ride safely. Tail-end riders should help the group negotiate lane changes by acting as rear turn indicators and signalling when the road is clear.
- All participants under 18 years of age must ride with the supervision of a parent or guardian.